Whether you’re an individual or a member of the Fortune 500 there are a number of ways you can support the Aviation Village.
Attend the Village
We’re building the village for you, the DEF CON attendees. You’re the ones that will make the village a success!
- Talk to our partners, presenters, staff and volunteers
- Engage with demos and displays
- Attend village talks and presentations
- Learn about aviation cybersecurity and why it’s so important
- Discover how industry is supporting aviation cybersecurity
- Share your thoughts about aviation cybersecurity
- Promote by spreading the word about the Aviation Village
- Collaborate as a researcher or member of the hacker/infosec community
- Recommend improvements to the village for next year
- Have Fun – The most important part
Do you have something to contribute to the village that is within our scope? Check out our CFP page on how to propose a talk or demo. We’ll be sharing a speaking hall with other villages and we can support presentations/demos in the village space.
We need volunteers to help with the village. You don’t have to be an uber hacker or aviation expert just enthusiastic and wanting a unique experience. Check out our volunteer application and get involved. Take a look at our Volunteer Application.
We’re looking for cool art to use for logos, banners, posters and other displays. If you’re of the artistic bent, help us make the village look awesome!
This is our first year as a village. We are not accepting financial contributions this year. However, we will accept kind (non-monetary) gestures from supportive attendees at the event:
- Provide pizza and Mt. Dew, or other critical hacker fuel, for our volunteers
- Bring critical supplies and last minute items like duct tape, a video adapter or an extra power strip
- Spreading the word of the village (and our schwag) among your friends, colleagues and others so they’ll join us.
You can email us for information on other ways to contribute.
Buy Our Stuff
We’re designing some cool stuff. Check out the Aviation Village store. All profits go to support the village.
As an Organization or Company
Become a Partner
We’re seeking partners from aviation and cybersecurity. You can share your expertise, provide demos/displays, literature and educational materials. We’re looking for on topic, relevant and technical presentations. We are operating as a non-profit organization, so we can support a number of engagement models that support our mission.
Host a Social Event
Would you like to meet and engage with experts in aviation cybersecurity; talk with enthusiastic and talented members of the hacker/infosec community? You might consider hosting an Aviation Village social event. Contact us if you’d like to plan something.
Are you a media organization that would like to provide your readers/followers with cutting edge thoughts on aviation cybersecurity; report the goals and objectives of the Aviation Village; discover what prompted the formation of the village?
Come and introduce yourselves to one of the village leads and we will ensure you get a briefing about our values and efforts and introduce you to our work. If you want to arrange a time to visit contact us on village [at] aviationvillage [dot] org .
We are planning a media event at DEF CON on Friday 9th August at 1100, contact us if you would like to be involved.
Contact us on how to engage the village and be the first to get the scoop.