“ The aerospace industry, security researchers, and the public share a common goal: safe, reliable, and trustworthy air travel. As the traditional domains of aerospace, safety and cybersecurity increasingly overlap, we will be safer, sooner, together. We welcome those who seek to improve aerospace cyber security through positive, productive collaboration among all ecosystem stakeholders .”
The Aerospace Village will bring together researchers, hackers, industry, operators, and other key stakeholders with the intent of:
- Developing skills and understanding of the aviation sector among DEF CON attendees through workshops, presentations, and hands-on activities.
- Building connections, trust, and understanding among all Village participants and stakeholder groups.
- Promoting constructive dialog through talks and interaction.
Background and Overview
To achieve these objectives, the Aerospace Village will raise the collective level of trust, empathy, and understanding across the entire aerospace ecosystem. We aim to create a safe space:
- For hackers and security researchers to highlight their significant prior and potential positive contributions to cyber safety.
- For industry leaders to showcase their commitment to aerospace cyber safety / security
- For everyone to explore, learn, and enjoy a highly collaborative experience.
We invite speakers to apply to speak at DEF CONs Aerospace Village in front of a unique audience of researchers, hackers, industry, Government and everyone that is interested in helping keep the aerospace industry safe, secure resilient and trusted.
We are particularly interested in talks that help to increase understanding between all of the different stakeholder groups. We all might want the same thing but how can we increase co-operation, reduce risk, increase understanding and action on our vulnerabilities. What are the examples of what we could do better, what has worked well or what we need to do?
We don’t mind who
applies to present. You might be a
senior in the industry or a total ninja we don’t mind who you are!
If you would like to present on your research into potential security vulnerabilities, we will prioritise submissions that demonstrate co-ordinated disclosure with relevant manufacturers and stakeholders.
All presentations must have an educational focus and are not for business promotion….
Presentations can be 25 or 50 minutes long.
Also, please don’t propose anything that may breach any commercial in confidence agreements or NDA’s…