Throughout DEFCON the Aviation Village will be holding open ADS-B workshops and demonstrations.
Render Man will be leading workshops on how to build your own Raspberry Pi ADS-B receiver. We’ll have demos and 1-on-1 assistance.
If you’d like to build you’re own Raspberry Pi ADS-B receiver here is a list of recommended components and equipment:
- Raspberry Pi 3 or 4
- Raspberry Pi Power supply
- Micro SD Card, at least 8GB
- USB RTL-SDR
- Micro SD Card reader/writer (may already be on your laptop)
- 1090 Mhz Antenna or antenna that comes with the RTL-SDR
- Optional: An ADS-B filter
- Optional: USB extension cable
You’ll also need a laptop computer, an OS image (which we will have available) and you’ll need SD imaging software.
We will not be selling or providing components or equipment but you can acquire these item from vendors at DEFCON or bring your own.
Additional information can be found at https://blog.digitaltrashlabs.org/